A course to introduce handgun shooting to folks who have never shot before or are simply uncomfortable shooting a handgun.
This is a short and painless introduction to handgun shooting.
- Rules of Safe Firearm Handling
- How your handgun operates (load, unload, fire)
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Finish up with shooting at the range
The course takes about 2 hours to complete, 1 hour in the classroom and another hour at the range.
This course is FREE but you do need to send in an application to reserve your spot.
Why do we offer a free course? To increase the number of law abiding people who can safely handle and shoot a handgun. Naturally I hope you'll also take one of our more advanced courses later, but there are absolutely no strings attached. All you pay for is the ammunition you shoot.
What you need to bring:
- A handgun (or you can borrow one of ours)
- 50 rounds of ammunition (you may also purchase .22, 9mm or .45ACP from us)
- Eye and ear protection if you have it. We will provide this if needed.
This course is usually offered on the second Saturday of the month from May through October. Please check our calendar for the current schedule.
If you need ammo I have limited availability of these calibers.
- 380ACP $37.00/box 50
- 9mm $30.00/box 50
- 45ACP $35.00/box 50